Monday, January 18, 2010

Goodbye Fall 2009

It's been a while since I wrote my last entry. Now so many events have taken place, and I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to addresss each of them.

It's winter in Ottawa. The Fall Semester has ended, and all the hard works, spending hundred of hours in front of computer solving assignments and preparing papers, have yield the results. Am I satisfied? Well, whatever it is, I always believe that I can always do better. However I kind of feeling content with my achievement, since juggling between PhD courses and family with two small kids has never been as challenging as before. Hahaha, just kidding. I always pray to Allah that He will make me strong and patient. So whatever the challenge is, I always make sure that I should be fully prepared to face them. Econometrics at PhD level was very tough. During the first month of classes, I thought that I will never have the chance to go through it. Yet as the challenge escalates, it really makes you work very hard. Alhamdulillah, getting something better than my expectation is always a great gift from Allah. As for Competition Policy, I love it. Anything that put justice as the supreme goal cathes my interest. Sadly Malaysia still does not have a comprehensive set of good antitrust laws. In that course, I can see clearly how the West hates injustices in the market, such that they even consider certain acts against competition in market to be a serious crime. And believe me, there is always a strong and significant correlation between loving a course and getting an A+, hahaha.

Then come another gift ~ Egypt, for winter holidays. Full 17-day tour to Cairo and its surroundings. But that's another chapter.

No comments: