Thursday, September 18, 2008

Haa... Next time laju lagi!


View Larger Map
Living in Kuala Lumpur can be very challenging. For those who have not been here, you should know that Kuala Lumpur is a "tolled" city. Most of the major routes that connect to the city are "tolled" highways (highways in Kuala Lumpur does not mean free of traffic jam). Since we need to pay toll everytime we move, it's wise to have a Smart Tag with Touch 'n Go card so that we don't have to stop and pay at the toll booth with cash. However, sometimes technology also has its own problem.

Once, I was driving from Shah Alam to Kuala Lumpur via Federal Highway (Federal Route #2). There are certain routes of Federal Highway that are always congested, so I took and exit at Subang to enter New Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE - #E1) from Subang to Damansara. Since I was a bit speeding at the toll both, the infrared scanner failed to scan my Smart Tag. Instead of paying RM 1 at Damansara toll both, the scanner deducted the maximum charge of RM 45.40 and stated that there was no record of my entry into the expressway. A week after that I went to Damansara's NKVE Office and reported the incident to the officer on duty. She informed me that it will take two to three weeks for them to check it, and it may take up to 30 days for them to refund the overcharge amount. Three weeks afterwards I received a cheque from them.

My wife says: "Haa... I always told you to stop, but you didn't listen. Luckily you was with my father when that happened." From that day onwards, I always stop at the toll both...

No comments: