Sunday, August 02, 2009

Children in Masjid Part I

Event 1:
The imam was delivering the khutbah. Suddenly two kids came into the masjid, walking and tumbling, as they just learnt how to walk. They walked and fell, many times.

If this happens in Malaysia... I think given the current mind set of the Muslims in Malaysia, the jamaah will scold the kids, ask the father to leave the masjid with his kids.

But it happened in the past!

Boraida, May Allah be pleased with him, said:

While the Prophet, peace be upon him, was on the platform (minbar) making us a speech, he saw (his grandsons) Al Hassan and Al Hussein (small kids) coming in wearing red shirts, walking and falling over, every now and then. The Prophet, peace be upon him, came down (the platform), carried the kids, and seated them on his lap, and then, he said:

"Verily,Allah (the Almighty), speaks the truth:

(Your wealth and your children are only a temptation…) (Sorah 64, Aya 15), and continued saying: "I saw these two kids walking and tumbling, I felt so impatient that I interrupted my speech in order to help them up.



Narrated by Abu Dawud, al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasa'ie. Sahih according to al-Albaniy.

No comments: