Thursday, July 23, 2009

Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah...

Last night there was a attempt to break in our house at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail around 3 a.m. It was raining heavily, so I had a very good and deep sleep after having a dinner at Santai with my wife and Ana. However, around 3 a.m. I was awaken by a strong noise at the entrance door. I tried to use my logic to explain the sound. It might be some cats fighting in the middle of the night as of other nights. It was still raining heavily, and at 3 a.m., I guess I cannot trust my logic that much since the sounds were becoming stronger. It sounds like somebody was hitting our door grill and shaking it strongly. That's no cat for me.

Immediately I make sure that our bedroom is locked. That's my advise to all of you out there. Bedroom shall be your final defence perimeter, because the whole family is there - your wife and your kids. Then try to look from your windows if you could see what's happening outside. Quickly spread the news. I called my in-laws upstairs and informed them of what I heard, and they told me that they heard it too. One very important thing is make sure you know where your cellphone is when you goes to sleep. Please put it somewhere near you. Emergencies happen because there are not expected. When it happens we get panicked and cannot find our stuff quickly.

Switch on the lights. Lights will scare off petty thieves and some risk averse burglars. Don't try to be smart thinking that you want to investigate further yourselves. Call the police right away. Its best to keep the number of your nearest police staton. Believe me - its important. I called Taman Tun Dr. Ismail Police Station, told them that we heard strange sounds at our entrance door, and asked them to send a patrol car. At the mean time we locked ourselves in the bedroom. Less than 5 minutes the police arrived. Three patrol cars. My wife guessed that the police had become more efficient nowadays as the crime rates are increasing. My salute to Malaysian Police Force.

We found that the padlock ear at the entrance door grill had been damaged. Maybe the thieves ran away after we switched on the lights.


No comments: